Safety tips that all domestic workers should Know
You need Yambu Domestic Care
The sad truth is that many domestic workers spend more time with other people’s families than they do with their own. What’s worse is that even though they work very hard, they have little to leave their dependents if they pass away, and have nothing to fall back on if they fall pregnant, are attacked, have an accident or become disabled. You – The Employer are therefore at risk of financial stress, Yambu Offers You The Chance To Protect Yourself And Your Domestic Helpers
Following the recent rape of a domestic worker in Farrarmere, Benoni. Ekurhuleni Central Cluster spokesperson Capt Nomsa Sekele has provided a few safety tips to prevent further such incidents.
Capt Nomsa Sekele provided the following tips:
- Don’t let anyone on to the property if the owner of the property has not informed you about the visit;
- If someone does say that they were sent by the owner, contact the owner to confirm this before letting the person in;
- Keep the gate locked at all times;
- Have emergency numbers in plain sight (on the fridge) in the event of an emergency;
- Property owners must inform their domestic helper, or whoever is at home if someone is going to stop by;
- Domestic helpers must get to know their fellow domestic helpers in the area so that, in the event of an emergency, they can call someone who is nearby for assistance.
Read More here
Original article: http://benonicitytimes.co.za/297912/woman-raped-farrarmere/